Okay, so today’s daily prompt is: Think about the last time you broke a rule (a big one, not just ripping the tags off your pillows). Were you burned, or did things turn out for the best?
To be honest, in life I’m not much of a law breaker, that’s not to say that I won’t start it up like a dirty habit in a few years. I may even ‘whack’ someone, ya know if I have a mid-life crisis and join the Mafia…or maybe not.
For me, breaking the law just isn’t worth the risk and the consequences. Goody two shoes? OR just smart thinking?
Now under age drinking is hardly a ‘Oh, what a bad girl‘ kinda thing to do, because you know at some point nearly everyone does it. Yes, it’s bad and if you’re under age…don’t drink! It will stunt your growth and you’ll grow a third nipple (and if you already have a third nipple, then you’ll grow a fourth)
My tale of drunken debauchery happened around the time that I was about 16, the night entailed:
- My friend George and I stripping to our underwear, then defying good reason and jumping the fence to the pool to do some drunken swimming.
- Watching my best friend Chloe sit on the grass in her best party dress crying her eyes out..all night.
- Being on all fours and throwing up next to a telephone pole.
- Running from the police and jumping over more fences to get away.
- Breaking into the house that my mother had recently bought and inviting everyone to come sleep on the floor with us.
- Waking up the next morning surrounded by bakery goods with no idea how they got there.
- Cleaning the house like a raging psychopath because if my mum caught me she would turn into a raging psychopath.
- Finding out at school on Monday that the party holder wasn’t allowed to have any parties in the near future because of that girl who took her clothes off and ran around and the other one who wouldn’t stop crying.
Ah, the good ol’ days..
Yes, there were quite a few of these sorts of nights and when I look back, no I didn’t get burned but at least now I will definitely know what my kid will be up to in 15 years time.
Join in on the Daily Prompt fun :)